BYU football’s spring scrimmage

BYU football’s spring scrimmage

PROVO- Kickoff against Arizona is still 162 days away, but Cougar fans can catch a sneak peak of the team in action at the annual spring game.

Offensive lineman Tuni Kanuch said he expects big things from this year’s spring scrimmage.

“I’m having a lot more fun. I mean, part of that’s me being healthy, but I think they bring an energy that promotes fun, and I think when the fans come to the scrimmage, they’ll feel that energy,” Kanuch said.

Kanuch is one of only nine healthy offensive linemen at the moment, which might mean tomorrow’s duel is less of a full game and more like a scrimmage.

Head coach Kalani Sitake said though not everyone is healthy, he still plans on creating an electric atmosphere.

“I want to entertain the fans a little bit… but I don’t want to give away the playbook, so obviously I think next year’s spring game is gonna be a lot different than this year, but… I think there’s people that know that we’re gonna do a few things differently than we’ve done in the past,” Sitake said.

Coach Sitake also said they’re already deeper into their offense and defense this spring than anticipated.

Did you like this? Share it: