General Conference attendees come from around the world

SALT LAKE CITY- Many Latter Day Saints traveled long distances to see and listen to their prophet and apostles speak this weekend at General Conference.

Coming from Fiji, Venezuela, New Zealand, Ecuador and many other countries, Church hosts directed travelers to language-help booths. Talks were translated live in eighty different languages, making it easier for international members to enjoy conference.

Some traveled for more than three days but said their trip was worthwhile. One woman from New Zealand said her father always wanted to attend but could never afford the trip.

“It is a dream come true for me. I know that my father is here with me in spirit,” she said.

Leticia Leal, a member from Brazil, said her home country really needs the messages of conference.

“I think Brazil needs to choose the right right now and stay strong and united, so I believe if the members do that we will be good,” she said.

Many members were also excited about the announcement of four new temples that will be built in the coming year. Eliza Sandovalin lives in Quito, Ecuador, and is ecstatic about the news.

“We don’t have to travel as much anymore and now we can better serve in the temple,” Sandovalin said in her native Spanish.

Attendees said General Conference was a great opportunity to reunite with old friends and see so many members in one place, and said they want to share their experiences with those around them.

Sydnee Gunter

Latest posts by Sydnee Gunter (Posts)

Did you like this? Share it: