BYUSA Holds Black-Tie Bowling Event

BYUSA Holds Black-Tie Bowling Event

PROVO, Utah – People came to Brigham Young University’s Bowling Center dressed to the nines and swapped out their fancy kicks for bowling shoes.

“I thought I was going to rip my pants. I’ve never bowled in dress pants before,” said attendee Daniel Steiner.

The BYU Student’s Association put on the event in an attempt to reach out to students who don’t normally attend social events on campus. Their hope is that they will be able to host more events like this one.

For some, the event was about strutting their stuff.

“We’re in a bowling class together, and this is an opportunity to showcase what we have learned,” Sam Halderman said about himself and his date, Sarah Phelps.

For most, this is the first time they’ve ever dressed up to go bowling – but for others, this wasn’t their first soiree.

“We do dapper bowling on our own time, where we dress up and go bowling, so we figured if there’s a whole group of people doing it, then it was right up our alley,” said attendee Ellery Davila. “I think being able to dress fancy and have the music and the hors d’oeuvres in the other room kind of makes it seem more special.”

The event also had live music and food served at The Wall.

Did you like this? Share it: