BYU hosts sports alumni day

BYU hosts sports alumni day

PROVO, Utah – Brigham Young University football wrapped up spring football on March 31 with Alumni Day. Many former players came out to see the team in action.

“I haven’t really watched a whole lot. We’ve been talking. We’ve been reminiscing about the past,” said former BYU football player Doug Stromberg.

Former players spoke highly of current football Head Coach Kalani Sitake.

“Kalani was our team captain, so it’s fun to see him in that position. And you know how he reacts, and how he is with the public and also with the team,” said alum Chris Anderson.

“I love Kalani. He was a graduate assistant when I was here, and so I worked with him back in the day in the early 2000s. Just player-coach expects a lot from guys, but just somebody that you can really rally behind and want to play for,” said former player Spencer Wyatt.

“He’s got a spark to him. He’s got an energy that you wish you were playing under that as well,” Anderson said.

The alumni also said they’re looking forward to future football games.

“I’m excited to see the offense. I’m excited to see them using the tight ends again. And our defense is really performing well,” former player Keith Lever said.

The Alumni Day also included a meet and greet with the football team, a luncheon, and activities and games for alumni and their families.

Did you like this? Share it: