PROVO, Utah – With 31 out of 32 votes, the National Football League owners recently voted to allow the Oakland Raiders to move to Las Vegas. Only the Miami Dolphins opposed.
While the Raiders and Vegas may seem unrelated to Brigham Young University, here are three reasons the move could have an impact on the Cougars:
1. Many more college teams may be willing to commit to home and neutral series agreements. This could create an opportunity to schedule big name opponents and play them close to home.
2. There will be another opportunity for BYU to play in an NFL stadium, as with close proximity to Vegas, a future game in the stadium is very likely.
3. Better games and stadium venues lead to better recruiting. Recruiting is already the focus for the current coaching staff.
The Raiders are moving into their projected $1.9 billion stadium in 2020.
Latest posts by Elliot Scharffs (Posts)
- BYU set to play Stanford in MPSF tournament - April 14, 2017
- Bronson Larson helps Cougars into strong conference start - April 10, 2017
- NFL owners vote to move Raiders to Vegas - April 3, 2017