Fidgi Pen aims to increase users’ productivity, decrease distractions for others

PROVO, Utah – A Utah company is trying to capitalize on people who fidget.

The Fidgi Pen includes features like a flip clip, a rolling ball, and a spinner, allowing users to fidget discreetly.

Team member and Brigham Young University student Marcus Case said he’s already seen a lot of benefits since using the pen.

“I’m a big fidgeter. I think I have ADHD, and I sit there and click my pen and it’s really annoying to the people around me, and so now I can fidget discretely without bothering all of my classmates while I’m in class,” Case said.

Case’s experience is not unique, and that may not be a bad thing – a study in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine reports that people who fidget live longer. Case said their goal is to allow people to increase productivity by fidgeting more.

The pen is still in the pre-manufacturing phase, and there are two days left in their Kickstarter campaign. They have already raised $85,000, which is more than 500 percent of their goal.

Did you like this? Share it: